In Cathy’s Caribbean Club you will be representing Cathy, a young girl who is on vacation on a Caribbean Cruise when she missed her cruise while taking photos. Now, she’s stuck in an island for at least a month and takes a job on a beach stand. The game offers three modes to play it. Let’s know them:
In Adventure Mode you have to complete all the stages to finish the Adventure. In Free Play Mode you can play in any stage that you have previously unlocked in the Adventure Mode. Crazy Mode is like Free Play Mode, except that upgrades will be randomly chosen for you. To get the upgrades, they must be first purchased in Adventure or Free Play.
The objective of the game is to make money by serving smoothies to your customers. The first thing to take into account is the customers’ patience. If you let them run out of it, you will lose them. You have to reach the goal to beat each level. If you serve quickly you will earn customer service Quality Stars.
The customers express their orders with a balloon which indicates the glass type and ingredients of the smoothie. To prepare the smoothie, there is a special machine with various buttons, one for each glass type and ingredient. Click the buttons in the correct order and wait a couple of seconds for the smoothie to be ready. Then, pick it up and deliver it to the correct customer. In order to speed things up you can carry two glasses at the same time.
After a customer finishes his smoothie, you need to get rid of the empty glass. You can’t serve a customer who has an empty glass so pay attention to that. After picking up the glass you have to click the sink to drop it. After a shift of work you can use your stars to buy upgrades to serve customers better and make more money. Updates are bought with stars so try to get as many as you can.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Adventure Mode: it leads you to a brief game introduction and then to the first stage of the game.
- Free Play Mode: here you select the stage in which you want to play.
- Crazy Mode: similar to Free Play Mode with some differences regarding upgrades.
- Options: shows the options menu from where you can set some game settings like volume, full screen, custom cursors and else.
- How to Play: brings all the information you need to learn how to play the game.
- Quit: no further information required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
• PIII 800 MHz (PC) or G4 800 MHz (Mac)
• 256 MB of RAM
• 16 or 32 bit video card
• Windows XP/Vista